What is it?
A District 1070 project which recognises and rewards Primary School age children for acts of good citizenship. To see the types of activity for which the Rotary Star awards have been given click on the information for teachers link below.
How does it work?
- Rotary Club member contacts head teacher to explain project ( or the teacher contacts her/his local Rotary club)
- Head teacher asked to nominate pupils for award
- Club offers recognition and reward by presenting children with:
- A Rotary Star certificate
- A rotary Star badge
- A monetary token of appreciation (optional)
- In consultation with head teacher club decides:
- Number of children & frequency of presentation
- Amount and type of monetary token (optional)
- It really is such a simple and rewarding project to run
- For more information/resources go to rotary1070.org / Youth Service
- Badges available – contact district organiser
- Template of certificate available from district organiser
For more details please contact : Rodney Spokes