Rotary District 1070
91st ANNUAL CONFERENCE
20th – 22nd September 2019
Preparations are well under way for the 2019 District Conference….
Visit this page on a regular basis for latest news ………………….latest page update: 2019- 02-06
Conference Registration £38 per Delegate/Guest.
Concessions: Rotaractor, Interact and RotaKids £10 / person
Friday Hot Fork Buffet £18.50 / person.
Saturday Gala Dinner £32 / person.
Register Now. If you pay by 31st March 2019, the Delegate/Guest fee of £38 will be reduced by £4 to just £34.
WANTED – Singers – Musicians – Comedians. . . and more
N.B. To receive further details of the Conference as they become available please sign up by clicking HERE
SOUTHPORT – For online information about the area click HERE
- Situated on the Sefton coast, Southport is easily reachable from the East Midlands
- Southport Boasts a beautiful and expansive coastline surrounded by natural beauty and has been a practical and popular location for previous 1070 conferences.
- If you have a thirst for new experiences, then Southport has something different you can get your teeth in to every time you visit
- If you are keen to discover the history of the area, you can follow one of the towns history and heritage trails exploring Lord Street, the parks and gardens and nearby Waterloo.
- Lord Street dates from the 1820s when the spacious street was laid out as a Victorian canopied boulevard edged in scenic gardens. It has a charming, unique style all of its own and is a favourite shopping destination.
- Discover the natural coast where you can see how land and sea blend together and look out for the unique wildlife that makes its habitat in these surroundings.
- Visit the Anthony Gormley ‘Another Place’ art installation, at Crosby beach. See the 100 iron men standing proudly looking out to sea, which at various points throughout the day can be seen in very different ways, giving you a different experience every time.
The Conference Venue.
Southport Theatre and Convention Centre
The conference centre is sited on the water’s edge with a commanding view over the Marine Lake and endless sandy beaches beyond.
Conference 2019 coincides with WORLD PEACE DAY
World Peace Day 21st September 2019. The International Day of Peace — is observed annually and is dedicated to world peace, specifically to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples.
As a reminder ….
Conference is open to Rotarians, Wives/Husbands/Partners, Inner Wheel Members, Rotaractors and Guests……
Note:- Those attending any of the following:- The Saturday or Sunday plenary sessions, the Friday evening event, the Saturday Gala Dinner & Cabaret, MUST be registered for Conference.
SOUTHPORT HOTEL BOOKINGS
Southport has luxurious, chic hotels that will indulge you with lavish furnishings, plus a well-deserved cocktail or two!
If cosy and intimate surroundings are preferred you will find real quality hotels, with lovely surroundings, good prices, special offers and bespoke packages giving you more time to explore Southport’s attractions.
Everyone has a different wish list when it comes to choosing a hotel, we are here to help you find the perfect place to stay on your trip.
Southport has plenty of hotels for you to choose from!
Click HERE to access the Southport Hotel Booking Service
You’ll find lots of accommodation options to suit all budgets at very competitive rates from luxury hotels to charming Bed & Breakfasts.
The Conference Hotel is the Ramada Plaza right next to the Conference Centre
SOUTHPORT TOURIST INFORMATION
Download the Dining Guide HERE
THE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
(further details will be available soon)
- Golf Competition Friday
- House of Friendship
- Plenaries Saturday & Sunday mornings with great speakers
- Informal dining on Friday
- Black Tie dinner on Saturday
- High quality entertainment each evening…..
A LIST OF INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS WILL APPEAR HERE …..SOON
Rotary’s Got Talent ??
We are looking at the possibility of holding a Talent Competition on the Friday evening of Conference.
Have you got talent that you would wish to display and potentially win a prize?
Anything will be considered from solo acts, to groups, choirs or any type of family entertainment.
Who can enter?
Anyone connected with Rotary, Rotarians, family of Rotarians, Inner Wheel, nobody will be excluded.
What about your Youth Competition Winners!
The entrants will be judged by the audience and a panel of “celebrities” with a final performance by the winners
Each entrant would do up to 5 minutes of entertainment, whether it be singing, dancing, public speaking, magic or comedy. Nothing will be discounted.
If you would like further details and register your interest then please DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM HERE and return to DGN Peter Berry, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFERENCE GOLF TOURNAMENT at HURLSTON HALL GOLF CLUB.
The competition will be Single Stableford played over 18 holes and is open to all Rotarians and guests attending conference.
Full stroke allowance. Played in 3 or 4 balls (subject to total no. of entries).
Tee times from 11.00 am to 12.00 pm – but expandable, subject to demand.
The Conference Trophy will be presented to the team with the best net score (best 2 scores to count from up to 4 players). There are also prizes for the best Lady and best Gent, with a trophy for the overall individual winner.
Entry Fee: £45 per person, includes coffee and a bacon roll served after playing .
For further information and a full copy of the rules please contact the golf organiser: –
Iain Martin, Rotary Club of St Ives.
2019 Conference Key Contacts
DG Elect – Rodney Spokes (Leicester)
Conference Manager – Bob McKinlay (Grantham Kesteven)
Conference Secretary – Roger McDermott (Coalville)
Registration – Elaine Vandelli (Kibworth & Fleckney)
House of Friendship – Ian Neale (Melton Mowbray)
Golf Tournament – Iain Martin (St Ives)
Publicity & Web Page – Malcolm Riddle (Blaby Meridian)
Contact details for the above can be found in the Rotary District 1070 directory
YOU CAN CONTACT THE CONFERENCE MANAGER BY USING THE FORM BELOW….