91st ANNUAL CONFERENCE
20th – 22nd September 2019
Preparations are well under way for the 2019 District Conference….
BOOK your hotel NOW by clicking HERE
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN DECEMBER
To receive further details as soon as they become available please sign up by clicking HERE
Visit this page on a regular basis for latest news ……..last update 2018-11-5
SOUTHPORT – For online information click HERE
- Situated on the Sefton coast, Southport is easily reachable from the East Midlands
- Southport Boasts a beautiful and expansive coastline surrounded by natural beauty and has been a practical and popular location for previous 1070 conferences.
- If you have a thirst for new experiences, then Southport has something different you can get your teeth in to every time you visit
- If you are keen to discover the history of the area, you can follow one of the towns history and heritage trails exploring Lord Street, the parks and gardens and nearby Waterloo.
- Lord Street dates from the 1820s when the spacious street was laid out as a Victorian canopied boulevard edged in scenic gardens. It has a charming, unique style all of its own and is a favourite shopping destination
- Discover the natural coast where you can see how land and sea blend together and look out for the unique wildlife that makes its habitat in these surroundings
- Visit the Anthony Gormley ‘Another Place’ art installation, at Crosby beach. See the 100 iron men standing proudly looking out to sea, which at various points throughout the day can be seen in very different ways, giving you a different experience every time.
The Conference Venue.
Southport Theatre and Convention Centre
The conference centre is sited on the water’s edge with a commanding view over the Marine Lake and endless sandy beaches beyond
Conference 2019 coincides with World PEACE DAY
World Peace Day 21st September 2019. The International Day of Peace — is observed annually and is dedicated to world peace, specifically to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples.
On-Line Registration for Conference will OPEN in December 2018
As a reminder ….Conference is open to Rotarians, Wives/Husbands/Partners, Inner Wheel Members, Rotaractors and Guests……
SOUTHPORT HOTEL BOOKINGS
Southport has luxurious, chic hotels that will indulge you with lavish furnishings, plus a well-deserved cocktail or two!
If cosy and intimate surroundings are preferred you will find real quality hotels, with lovely surroundings, good prices, special offers and bespoke packages giving you more time to explore Southport’s attractions.
Everyone has a different wish list when it comes to choosing a hotel, we are here to help you find the perfect place to stay on your trip.
Southport has plenty of hotels for you to choose from!
Click HERE to access the Southport Hotel Booking Service
You’ll find lots of accommodation options to suit all budgets at very competitive rates from luxury hotels to charming Bed & Breakfasts.
The Conference Hotel is the Ramada Plaza right next to the Conference Centre
EATING OUT IN SOUTHPORT
THE PROGRAMME (full details will be added in due course)
- Golf Competition Friday
- House of Friendship
- Plenaries Saturday & Sunday mornings with great speakers
- Informal dining on Friday
- Black Tie dinner on Saturday
- High quality entertainment each evening…..
Details of the entertainment will appear here
CONFERENCE GOLF TOURNAMENT
2019 Conference Key Contacts
DG Elect – Rodney Spokes (Leicester)
Conference Manager – Bob McKinlay (Grantham Kesteven)
Conference Secretary – Roger McDermott ( Coalville)
Registration – Elaine Vandelli (Kibworth & Fleckney)
House of Friendship – Ian Neale (Melton Mowbray)
Golf Tournament – Iain Martin (St Ives)
Publicity & Web Page – Malcolm Riddle (Blaby Meridian)
Contact details for the above can be found in the Rotary District 1070 directory
YOU CAN CONTACT THE CONFERENCE MANAGER BY USING THE FORM BELOW….