Page Updated; 29.11.2019
92nd ANNUAL CONFERENCE
18th-19th-20th September 2020
The venue will be the brand new state-of-the art International Conference Centre (ICC WALES) situated at the Celtic Manor Resort, Nr. Newport South Wales.
Registration for the 2020 conference will open in JANUARY 2020
On-Line Hotel booking now available, see below.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
“The Friday night event will be all inclusive where you can sample 12 German wines – 6 either side of a break for tapas – and take part in very enjoyable activities! If you like letting your hair down and doing something different this is the event for you! Why not book a “club table” and enjoy the event with great fellowship.
Saturday night will be a Gala Dinner with a singer and band covering a broad range of music to suit all tastes. Concluding with a Last Night at the Proms session. We will have a Welsh harpist playing in the background for our meal in the Woodland Suite with it’s superb floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Coldra Woods.
There will be a Golf events on the Montgomerie Course at the Celtic Manor Resort – Price £48. Primarily on Friday Morning with the opportunity to play on Saturday afternoon, if you can’t make Friday. Extra prizes for nearest the pin, longest drive, sponsored by Celtic Manor
In addition, on Saturday afternoon there will be a wide range of activities for you to enjoy – including crazy golf, tennis, Whisky tasting, Welsh Cake Making. More details as we go along.
You can join in our Walk for Polio on Saturday morning before the start of Conference. commencing 8.30am. A gentle stroll around the beauty of the Coldra Valley, whilst raising a little money towards Polio Eradication.
The ICC is a brand new State of the Art venue that has all of the facilities you could want.
Very close by is the fabled Celtic Manor Resort with it’s Spa, Shops and range of Restaurants.
You can chose from a wide range of local hotels including the Resort itself.
Conference Registration will open in January 2020.
And by the way, there will be inspirational speakers to send you away with new ideas and just a bit of Rotary.
What does District Conference have for you ?
● Be inspired ? – our district always has fantastic speakers at conference, ones that will inspire Rotarians to continue what we do in Rotary in order to improve the lives of others.
● Be motivated ? – meeting and talking to Rotarians from around the district is always amazing, just hearing how much we do should easily motivate you to do more.
● Be enthused ? – there’s one quality that all Rotarians need, enthusiasm, and believe us when you attend a conference you should certainly leave enthused to support Rotary, your club and your community.
● HAVE FUN ?? – there’s no point in doing something if it’s not fun, and conferences are always, most definitely, fun! Not only do you get to spend more time with your fellow club members, you get to enjoy a beautiful part of the world and take in new experiences.
ON-LINE ACCOMMODATION BOOKING FORM –
Please note: only select the check-in and check-out dates to see available hotels, you do not need to select a room type or room occupants’
THE CONFERENCE GOLF TOURNAMENT
THE MONTGOMERIE COURSE
A dramatic par 69 challenge designed by Ryder Cup legend Colin Montgomerie.
Colin Montgomerie has called on all his Ryder Cup experience to create a course with many exciting tests of strategy.
Montgomerie has also drawn on his roots in Scottish links golf to create a traditional feel enhanced by deep and penal pot bunkers.
Spectacular views abound with dramatic tee shots over valleys and breathtaking downhill shots. Host course for various professional and high ranking amateur events.
• Designed by Ryder Cup legend Colin Montgomerie
• 2015 EuroPro Tour venue
• Spectacular 3rd Hole featured in the 1001 Golf Holes You Must Play Before You Die book
Extra prizes for nearest the pin, longest drive, sponsored by Celtic Manor
2020 On Line Conference Registration will open in January 2020
REGISTRATION AND EARLY PAYMENT OPTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DUE COURSE
2020 REGISTRATION FEES – £45 per person
(N.B.This is a reduction from the original registration fee announced of £52)
2020 Conference Key Contacts
Conference Manager – Bob McKinlay (Grantham Kesteven)
Conference Secretary – John Dehnel ( Melton Mowbray)
Registration – Elaine Vandelli (Kibworth & Fleckney)
Rotary Market Place – Ian Neale (Melton Mowbray)
Golf Competition – Iain Martin (St Ives)
Publicity & Web Page – Malcolm Riddle (Blaby Meridian)
Comments or Queries relating to the District Conference can be submitted to the organising team below…