With the advent of widespread use of Zoom and other video communication on-line tools, this guide to Zoom security is recommended to Rotarians who are using such tools.
A few quick points are:
- Require a meeting password.
- Use the waiting room feature (though that one can be quite disruptive, especially for an inexperienced host.
- Send links to participants, not posted on publicly available social media.
- Screen sharing, at least in my set up, defaults to “Host Only” (though the host can allow others if requested).
- Consider locking the meeting after it has started, so no-one can force they way in part way through.
- Make sure you, as host, are using the latest software update (Zoom often does this automatically, and seems to update attendees’ software automatically when they join a meeting).