Interact is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young people ages 12-18. The program gives young people an opportunity to participate in fun, meaningful service projects while developing leadership skills and meeting new friends.
Through service activities, Interactors learn the importance of:
- Developing leadership skills and personal integrity;
- Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others; and
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill.
Interact, the Rotary youth program, was launched by the RI Board of Directors in 1962. The first Interact club was established by the Rotary Club of Melbourne, Florida. Interact clubs provide opportunities for boys and girls of secondary school age to work together in a world fellowship of service and international understanding.
The term, Interact, is derived from “inter” for international, and “act” for action. Every Interact club must be sponsored and supervised by a Rotary club and must plan annual projects of service to its school, community and in the world.
Today there are over 7,200 Interact clubs with more than 155,000 members in 88 countries. “Interactors” develop skills in leadership and attain practical experience in conducting service projects, thereby learning the satisfaction that comes from serving others. A major goal of Interact is to provide opportunities for young people to create greater understanding and goodwill with youth throughout the world.
A chance to make new friends, improve the community, develop leadership skills and make a difference to the world.
Every year, Interactors complete at least two projects in their communities, one of which is overseas, helping them build friendships and a better understanding with young people in other countries.
Club membership varies greatly.
The main points:
- Interact is a Secondary School Age group 12-18, citizenship project
- Clubs are self-governing and elect their own officers
- Clubs meet weekly or fortnightly , having fun and serving others
- Interact clubs are part of an international organisation
- Duke of Edinburgh Award – Interact is an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the volunteering element of the Award
- Usually school based, but can be community based
- Interact clubs carry out local projects to benefit their community or school as well as International projects
- Interact clubs are sponsored by a Rotary Club which provides continued support and Guidance
For more details of Interact in Rotary district 1070 click on the link here
Interact Club Location in District 1070
INTERACT CLUB SUPPORTING ROTARY CLUB
Melton Mowbray MV16 Melton Mowbray
Iveshead School (formerly Hind Leys) Shepshed
Kesteven & Sleaford High School Sleaford Kesteven
St George’s Academy Sleaford Kesteven
The Deepings The Deepings
Barnes Wallis Academy Woodhall Spa
John Ferneley Melton Aurora
Abbeyfields Academy Northampton Nene Valley
Northampton Academy D1070 E- club
For further information on Interact clubs in your area, joining an Interact club or setting up a new Interact club, please contact the District 1070 Interact Officer Ngaire Hall, The Rotary Club of Shepshed